CPS888 Software Engineering
Dr. Lei Zhang, winter 2019
Department of Computer Science, Ryerson University
Instructor: Dr. Lei Zhang
- Monday: 10:30-11:30
- Monday: 15:00-16:00, by appointment
- Wednesday: 10:10-11:00 VIC206
- Friday: 10:10-12:00 VIC210
- TA: Mohammad S. Islam
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Thursday: 14:10-15:00 ENG201
- Send your group configuration to me via email by Friday Jan. 25th.
- Your proposal is due on Friday Feb. 8th.
- Essential methods for the systematic approach to the specification, development, validation and evolution of software. Software lifecycles, software engineering management, process modeling, requirements analysis, specification engineering, system modeling, software design and structures, implementation, software quality assurance, verification and validation, testing and maintenance. Software tools and documentation.
||Grade Value %
||Feb. 13th and Feb. 15th
||2 hours, location: ILC 102
|Project + Report
||Mar. 29th, Apr. 3rd and Apr. 5th
||2 hours, location: KHE323
- Dates are subject to alteration, agreed to in class.
- You must get at least 50% of Midterm and Final marks and 50% of the total marks.
- All Announcements take place in class. It is the student's responsibility to be aware of them.
- Midterm and Final are closed-book exams, which are based on the textbook, lecture notes and discussions in class.
- Late submission (within 2 days) will have a penalty of 10%.
- You have one week to submit a remarking request via email from the date when the marking is released.
- During review of your remarking request for assignment/test, the whole assignment/test will be reviewed, your mark can be decreased if the original mark was awarded too high.
- List your collaborators in your assignment if it is a team work.
- Group project with 3~4 persons in one group.
- Preknowledge: Java, UML, network.
- Desktop application only (Mac OS, Windows, Linux).
- GUI is a mandatory.
- New ideas / features in the proposal should be discussed with the instructor and get his permission first.
- The instructor's decision is final and may not be appealed.
- Properly cite your references in your proposal and report.
- Criteria of marking the project include the quality of design, functionalities, performance, quality assurance and documentation.
- Everyone has to present her / his work.
- Each group should provide a live demo of the project in the second presentation.
- Submit slides of you first presentation via D2L by Feb. 15th.
- Submit slides of you second presentation via D2L by Apr. 5th.
- Emails sent from other than Ryerson email addresses may not be answered!
- To get a reply in time, always put "CPS888" in your email title.
- Software Engineering, Ian Sommerville, 10th edition, Pearson.
- Please consult me if the content here conflicts with your understanding.
- The content may be updated without announcements, it is students' responsibility to check this web-page regularly.